Saturday, November 14, 2015

I Miss You Abbaji








Today is the 21st death anniversary of Abbaji.
I wrote the following two years back. I am posting it again with minor changes.
http://ghareebkhana.blogspot.com/2013/11/miss-you-abbaji.html


May his soul rest in eternal peace.

The more I grow older the more I realize what a guy he was.
Carefree, funny, witty, caring, sensitive and honest.

He was unable to achieve many worldly goals.
In fact he settled for a lot less than what was expected of him by his family.

He was content with what he had. 
What he did not have did not seem to bother him.

Always managed to bring some fruit on daily basis on his way home. 
We always had sweets at home.
Perhaps that is why mother always thought he had more than he actually had.

When mother got sick, he took care of her for a long time, assisting her in all activities of daily life.
She perhaps did not know that he was not that well either.

He never let me know what problems and humiliation he had to go for me for my issues with the authorities.

He made sure all of us siblings knew if either of us were unaware of the expectation of the others.
Worked behind the scenes to keep us together.

He was a good man. 
Wish I had known him more when he was around.

I miss you Abbaji.
Be Well.




No comments:

Post a Comment