Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Thanks For All The Wishes


This is what I send out on emails last night.

I would not be able to thank everyone personally, so this email.
We are all right and so is everybody I know whom I have been in contact with.

By the time I woke up this morning, it looked  as anticlimax as there was not much wind or rain. Just the light was gone, so it is even now. A tree and a half were the level of our damage.

Only later in the day I realized how much of a damage was done. It took me hour and a half and sixth alternate route to reach my sister's house which is just two miles away. Closed roads, fallen trees, full length or dangling on the electric wires.

My son, who lives in the city, East Village, south of 14th, had to change two apartments of friends to be in a dry land with power. My one nephew refused to leave his apartment on the 16th floor on 1st ave and 36th,  is trapped up there as there is five feet of water in the lobby.

My practice partner had to leave his Williamsburg apt and spent a fortune for staying in the city.

Rest of us, our siblings, nephews and nieces are fine in the NY NJ area.

All these are minor inconveniences compared to those who have their homes flooded or destroyed.

We have no choice but to enjoy candle night dinner in full moon with family. Haleema providing background ukulele music.

Thanks again to all who called, texted, emailed, wished and prayed.

It helps; one feel loved, cared for and connected.

Khuda hafiz and goodnight.

Nasir Gondal

No comments:

Post a Comment