Friday, August 22, 2014

APPNA Gives Back

This is one of the videos shown during the APPNA Banquet on August 16th, 2014 at Gaylord National Harbor

The chair of the Local Host Committee had asked me to come up with a slide show of APPNA's work. He thought that many of the banquet attendees may not be aware of the social and charity work of APPNA. It may help people be aware of the projects of APPNA.

When I started to collect pictures, I realized how spread out the pictorial history of APPNA is. There is really no good archival collection in the office. Each year APPNA publishes three to four newsletters/journals with many pictures in them. The record of the pictures are not available in the office. I tried many directly and others through the APPNA blast mail. Many complied and their names are acknowledged at the end of the video. Much more could have been shown, but I did not have the pictures to show that

The basic emphasis is on the giving back by APPNA and its members to Pakistan and the adopted country in the last ten years or so. It starts with some of the cover shots of APPNA journals. That gives the artistic side of APPNA publications and its editorial team. It is followed by the advocacy work, educational projects, services to the young physicians and the disaster relief, both here in the USA and back home. Eye camps, Bone Marrow Registration Drive, Hepatitis Initiative, Cytogenetics lab, Public Health Institute and APPNA Foundation are included.

Much more could have been included but I did not have the pictures. I regret that.
I thank the local host committee to provide me with this opportunity to compile this. I commend Asif Rehman for allowing complete editorial discretion.

The video was compiled and edited on Final Cut Pro. I had no idea that a 'just a simple slide show' could be so complicated. All the technical and editing was done by my daughter Haleema. It could not have been done by me without her participation. I am indebted to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO-pSiJMWfA

Nasir Gondal

No comments:

Post a Comment